With all the campaign commercials, stump speeches and kissing of babies, it might be difficult to actually remember to register to vote in California's upcoming June 5 primary election.
The deadline for voters looking to cast their ballots in the election season's first round is Monday, May 21.
Voter registration forms can be obtained at the Contra Costa County Election Division, online through the California Secretary of State or by calling the City Clerk’s Office at (925) 671-5237 to have a form mailed to you.
The deadline to submit a request for a vote-by-mail ballot is Tuesday, May 29 at 5 p.m. Only registered voters can request a vote-by-mail ballot.
Pleasant Hill residents can register to vote if they are:
- A citizen of the United States, and
- At least 18 years old at the time of the election, and
- Not in prison or parole for the conviction of a felony, and
- Not deemed mentally incompetent by a court.
Residents should re-register if they:
- Moved to a new permanent residence, or
- Changed their name, or
- Wish to change their political affiliation
Sign up for the Pleasant Hill Patch daily newsletter and get all the local news delivered to your inbox first thing in the morning.