Computers, audio systems, subscriptions and much more were awarded to students in schools throughout Pleasant Hill on May 18, thanks to a $36,600 grant from the Foundation for Pleasant Hill Education.
The grants were funded as a result of FPHE’s 2012 Annual Campaign and various other 2012 fundraisers.
Since 2009, FPHE has awarded over $120,000 and 150 grants to the eleven public schools within the College Park High School feeder pattern.
This year, the Foundation received 58 grant requests and awarded 53 grants to the 11 schools.
Every school that requested a grant received one. FPHE grants are awarded based on a combination of criteria, including the number of students impacted and the contribution to or support of language arts, math, science, or other key curriculum areas.
"FPHE thanks and applauds all 2012 donors for placing a high priority on local education and realizing that strong schools benefit the entire community," said the group in a press release.
For more information about FPHE or to donate, visit their web site.
2012 FPHE Grant Awards
College Park High School:
• Subscription to New York Times Upfront Magazine for English Department
• Laptops-one for every Math class for online math program
• Audio system and headphones for the Music Department
Pleasant Hill Middle School:
• ELMO document camera and projector for 6th Grade
• PC monitors for donated PCs
• Set of heart monitors for P.E. Department
• Laptops for various school departments and clubs
• Student Response System clickers for 6th Grade
Sequoia Middle School:
• Classroom TV (PC connected) for 8th Grade
• Science iPad apps for 7th and 8th Grade Science
• Book tablets for 6th Grade
Valley View Middle School:
• Classroom sets of core literature for use by all students
• iPod listening center and accompanying book program for Special Education Department
• iPads and applicable apps for 8th Grade
• Music software for Instrumental and Choral Music Departments
• Flip video cameras for Technology Program
• Amplification audio system for Science Department
Fair Oaks Elementary:
• Multiple classroom sets of chapter books for 4th and 5th Grades
Gregory Gardens Elementary:
• Classroom sets of U.S. maps, world map and/or globes for K, 1st, and 3rd Grades
• Multiple classroom sets of science programs/materials for Kindergarten
• Multiple classroom sets of literature programs for Kindergarten and 1st Grade
• Place value learning sets for 3rd Grade
• Art instruction program for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Grades
• Motor for chicken incubator in 2nd Grade
• Stage lighting
• Classroom set of jump ropes for the P.E. program and recess
Hidden Valley Elementary:
• Classroom set of chapter books for 4th Grade
• Student Response System clickers for 5th Grade
• LCD projector for Special Education Department
Pleasant Hill Elementary:
• Multiple sets of fiction and non-fiction books for expanded Accelerated Reader program
• iPad for 5th Grade
• SRA Reading Program for 2nd Grade
• Redcat amplification audio system for 3rd Grade
• Laptop and accessories for 2nd Grade
• iPads for Kindergarten and 4th Grades
• iPads and apps for 3rd , 4th, and 5th Grades, and Special Ed. Department
• Classroom sets of Presidential Election books for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Grades, and Special Ed.
• Sets of Thesauruses for 5th Grade
• Student lap-sized whiteboards for 5th Grade