If you don't want to watch Super Bowl XLVII at home, here are some ideas in Pleasant Hill and environs to take in the action:
- Marty O's is advertising a 49er special — order one pizza in and get the second pizza at 49 percent off. Marty O's is at 802 Main St., Martinez.
- Magoo's Grill is at 1250 Contra Costa Blvd., Pleasant Hill.
- Ed's Mudville Grill asks patrons to call for a reservation, noting that its Super Bowl special bash has sold out for 17 years in a row. There are giveaways after every score. Ed's Mudville Grill is at 6200 Center St., Clayton, (925) 673-0333.
- Legends at Diablo Creek is advertising that $20 gets you in with reserved seating, entry into a raffle, and the bar’s infamous tailgate barbecue. Doors open at 1:30 p.m. Legends is at 4050 Port Chicago Hwy., Concord, (925) 687-4111.
- The Old Hangout has been around since 1947 at 1950 Concord Ave., Concord.
That's scratching the surface. Where do you recommend as a good place to watch the San Francisco 49ers go helmet to helmet with the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday afternoon? Or perhaps a place that doesn't center around food and drink?
Business owners, if you're running specials for people who watch the game at your venues Sunday, please share details in the comments.
And you won't find Terry White of Walnut Creek at any of these bars, because he will be at the Superdome in New Orleans enjoying the game, courtesy of 49ers CEO Jed York.
Tell us where else people in and around town should go to enjoy the game, shout at the top of their lungs with dozens of other fans and absorb great atmosphere.
Also, just for fun, the National Football League site has a section that ranks the past 46 Super Bowls from worst game to best game. Tell us what you think were the best and most boring Super Bowls.